All of our previous meetings are recorded and available on our YouTube channel
- This event has passed.
Aiken Bird Walk at Red Rock Open Space Trails!
February 11 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am
Saturday, February 11 with Collin Hildreth!
Red Rock Open Space Trails at 9a!
-Red Rock Canyon Open Space is a 1,474-acre city park in Colorado Springs, Colorado. It is situated on the west side of the city, adjacent to Manitou Springs and south of U.S. Route 24. The park consists of a series of parallel ridges and eroded canyons.
– Difficulty: Easy to Medium. We will be on relatively flat terrain, with some small hilly paths.
– Bring binoculars and dress for the Colorado Springs forecast.
– There is a bathroom (porta-potty) available at trail head.
– Meet in the eastern-most parking lot at 3550 W High St, Colorado Springs, CO 80904 (take the 2nd exit from the roundabout, then continue until the road dead-ends in the eastern parking lot)
– Call Collin if needed at 603-581-8752.
No registration is necessary.
Aiken will be asking you to sign a waiver with the following information:
Aiken Audubon offers field trips to interested persons as a means to enjoy birds and nature. All participants do so in the spirit of enjoying the outing.
As a participant, I will:
- Stay with the group.
- Notify the leader (or the driver of the vehicle in which I am riding) of any plans to leave the group.
- Make sure the person who sat next to me in the car is there when we leave the area.
- Not undertake any endeavor that will endanger my health as I know it.
- Observe all applicable rules of conduct, policy, regulation and law, whether on public or private lands.
- Adhere to the ABA Birder’s Code of Ethics.
The volunteer leaders will try to take reasonable precautions to provide for the safety of the participants. In the event of an accident, any emergency care is the financial responsibility of the participant.
I understand that I am primarily responsible for my own well-being, and hold harmless Aiken Audubon Society and its volunteers from any claim that may arise, including any contraction of illness, such as COVID-19.