The Aiken Audubon Society’s (AAS) mission is to promote the enjoyment, study, and conservation of the birds of the Pikes Peak Region.
AAS supports projects that are educational and scientific in nature and related to birds and their habitats. The 2023 call for proposals is now open. Maximum grant award of $2500.
The Foothills and Prairie Grant Program through AAS is open to individuals and organizations conducting research, education programs, or conservation projects focused on foothills and prairie ecology related to birds in the Pikes Peak Region. Please see below for proposal submission requirements.
The Foothills and Prairie Grants cannot be applied to the following costs:
- Institutional overhead/indirect costs.
- Researcher salaries (stipends for field assistants are permitted).
- Requests for equipment where use goes beyond the scope of the project.
Recipients who receive funding will provide a final report detailing how the project was accomplished and any research results (if appropriate). If support is for an ongoing research project, a report will be required of the project-to-date and results.
Proposal Deadline: February 3, 2023
Notification of Funding Decision: February 24, 2023
Submission: Email requests (as a single PDF document) to [email protected] with the subject line “Grant Proposal Submission”.
Examples of past projects receiving grants from AAS include: plant propagation for riparian restoration, bird banding station at Chico Basin Ranch, educational programs at Bear Creek and Fountain Creek Nature Centers, and the Colorado Breeding Bird Atlas.
To be considered for a grant, please submit a written proposal or request 2 pages or less in length. In addition to the proposal please include your résumé (or CV) and at least one letter of support.
The proposal should include:
- Name/Title of the project.
- Project objectives
- Justification – include how the project relates to foothills/prairie habitats and Aiken’s mission (“…to promote the enjoyment, study, and conservation of the birds of the Pikes Peak region”)
- Budget: table or list of itemized funding requirements. Include what portion(s) of the budget AAS is being asked to contribute and whether there are any potential matching funds.
- If you have received funding from AAS in the past, provide brief description of project, outcomes, amount provided.
- Attach resume or CV – include contact information.
- Letter of support.
If you have any additional questions, please email [email protected].